We all know it’s hard to eat healthy when we are constantly on the go. We tend to skip meals or grab the most convenient snack we can find. Lucky for you, we have some easy smoothie recipes for everyone! These are perfect to make the night before a long day and you grab and go in the morning. Before we get to the recipes, we have a few tips for you!
Tip #1 – Buy the frozen fruit! No shame in your game people! This way you don’t feel pressured to buy and use fresh fruit right away.
Tip #2 – Order matters when it comes to ingredients. I am guilty of adding the fruit first because it’s always listed at the top, but Vitamix recommends that you add liquids first, then your soft fruits and veggies, and top it off with the ice. The more liquid the thicker your smoothie will be.
Tip #3 – Try to add those greens when you can and use natural sweeteners such as honey or agave. When it comes to smoothies, I am not one for the greens, but the first step is just adding a little bit of spinach to the mix.
And now for some easy, healthy, and tasty recipes!
It’s Easy Being Green:
- 1 1/2 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. frozen mango, plus more for garnish (thawed)
- 1 banana
- Juice of 1 lemon
The Blueberry Muffin Smoothie:
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond breeze)
- 4 – 6oz vanilla Greek yogurt (1 individual-sized container)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana (or a whole banana if you like your smoothies sweeter)
- 1/4 cup raw, uncooked certified gluten-free oats
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 banana
- 1/4- cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseeds meal
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup soy milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
Keep it Simple Triple Berry Smoothie:
- 1 banana
- 1 c. frozen strawberries
- 1 c. frozen blackberries, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 1 c. frozen raspberries
- 1 1/4 c. almond milk
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large banana cut into chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice optional
- Optional mix-ins: ½ scoop protein powder (vanilla or chocolate) 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Classic Strawberry Smoothie:
- 1 cup whole frozen strawberries about 10 large/medium
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 2 teaspoons honey plus additional to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
If you try any of these delish smoothies, feel free to tag us in the pictures and share your recipes with us! For more recipes, click here!